How To Dry Dose A Remedy
What Is An Acute Illness?
- “Acute” means the sudden onset of symptoms associated with a cold, flu, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
- Acutes are short lived events that will resolve and symptoms will disappear.
- Symptoms that appear suddenly and appear for a few days or weeks are considered and acute.
- Symptoms longer than 1 month are considered a chronic case in homeopathy.
Basic Steps And Precautions with Dry Dosing For Acutes
- Do NOT touch the pills.
- Drop 2 pills from the remedy bottle cap into the mouth.
- For children, you can place the pills into a small piece of paper, then make it into a funnel and drop it in their mouths.
- Let the pills dissolve in the mouth completely.
- Keep all doses at least 15 minutes but preferably 30 minutes BEFORE AND AFTER any food, beverages, including water after the dose (drinking water just before is ok). Keep dosing away from any strong flavors including mints, coffee or teeth brushing by this same amount of time .
- Dry remedy doses can be repeated as advised by your Homeopath for the acute condition.
- Avoid antidoting the remedy!
Tips For Acute Dosing And Potency Choice
- You don’t always have to treat an acute condition with homeopathy.
- In less severe types of acute illness, you can sometimes just allow the body to deal with it naturally, when possible.
- You may choose instead to support recovery from less severe acutes with other safe, natural means like nutrition and bed rest.
- We most often recommend the use a 200C or 1M potency in acute care. The higher the potency (i.e. a 200C vs. a 30C), the stronger the remedy.
- Most 30C remedies are readily available in most health food stores.
- A 200C Acute Remedy Kit is a wise investment for any household.
- If you are treating a family member who is very sensitive, such as a child with autism, the elderly and in a very weakened state or if treating a family member with a lot of pathology (i.e. cancer) then we suggest using lower potency remedy.
- You should consult with a Homeopath in sensitive cases.
- Do NOT try treat for chronic or recurring symptoms without the advice of a Homeopath.
- In selecting a remedy, DO NOT go only by what symptoms are written on the remedy bottle by the manufacturer. Remedies have multiple symptom uses and this labeling is required, but not comprehensive.
Why Just Two Pills of the Remedy?
- The amount of pills used in the remedy bottle is very important! Using too many pills, even if it is the correct remedy, can cause aggravations.
- When homeopathic remedies are manufactured, only a few drops of the tincture are placed on 500 blank pills.
- We suggest using only 2 pills to avoid unnecessary aggravations.
Watch The Remedy’s Action
- If there is a GREAT – striking improvement, stop the remedy. It worked!
- If there is a clear aggravation after any doses (the symptoms are much worse), stop the remedy and contact a Homeopath. You either have the wrong remedy or too strong a potency.
- If there is some improvement but more is needed, continue dosing.
- The recommended total is a maximum of 6 doses in 24 hours, in order to fully judge the remedy’s action.
- Remember, it takes the body TIME for the body to respond to a remedy.
TIP: Judging A Response To An Acute Remedy
- If there is 75% percent or more improvement, wait and watch. Let the body continue to heal on it’s own.
- The physical symptoms should also improve steadily and noticeably in an acute.
- You will also see improvements that are in mental and emotional symptoms.
- For example, less anxiety, less clinging in children, improved general well being, better mood, better overall energy level, etc.
- These improvements will come along with the physical improvements.